We had a successful workday on Sat...
1. Both our primary gps tracker and secondary aprs tracker work; our secondary tracker also successfully gathered temperature/pressure changes at altitude;
2. Both our primary and secondary cut-down devices work;
3. We were able to establish a positive link between our video camera and the satellite/laptop ground station.
1. Build a radar reflector (http://www.instructables.com/id/Lightweight-Radar-Reflector/); required by FAA;
2. Brainstorm ideas on how to get the payload to not spin (some sort of stabilizing device)
3. Assemble a camera system using Raspberry Pi Zeros and RPi camers for all of our test launches…
Friday, Apr 29th will be our first low-altitude launch. We’ll launch a 350g balloon, our primary cut-down, both tracking devices, and a payload container. In that payload we’ll have the Raspberry Pi Zero camera system.
HAB Build, Launch, and Journalism team members had a great time presenting to grades 5-8 at Evergreen Elementary today!
On March 18th, the build team will meet for the first time. Our goals will be to: